Wednesday, July 9, 2008

P.S. Clarification


I should probably clarify the felony part............ make no mistake, he has been charged with a felony.  We had a bondsman ($1,500.00) and hired a lawyer ($2,000.00/retainer) and we will be going to court.............. but I haven't completely ruled out all hope for my son.  As reckless as he can be - he can be so smart (is that a form of bipolar I wonder?) Anyhow.... my son gave his friend a ride.  That is his greatest crime.  That and the fact that his friend (whom he gave a ride) took a chainsaw to the high school and sawed off five trees in the courtyard.  Criminal mischief, felony. We made the papers, three times so far, front page.  The only thing the paper got right was his name and our address.  They made it sound like they plotted and planned and destroyed together.  As far as their statements (and the police report) his friend took 100% of the blame, wanted to do a senior prank (my son still hasn't stopped saying "I wasn't a senior"), and copied what others had done before him.  There was no plotting or planning.  Only instead of cutting one tree down, he cut five.  My son never stepped foot on school property.  He never got out of the vehicle.  He just dropped his friend off and drove away......
I made the mistake of saying (yes, OUT LOUD and in public) that I know my son didn't do it, he isn't motivated enough to do five trees.  Technically he didn't.... but there is this little tiny problem we are having.... the law in Arkansas says he did.  My son was held back in the first grade, therefore he hasn't graduated yet - but he did turn 18...... He is an adult (at least in age).  We will pay, in more ways than one, for my son's stupidity.  

Did I happen to mention that my son has a full scholarship,  good for one year after graduating from high school?  or that I work for the school........ 

No comments: