Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just me venting!

Made it to Wednesday.  It has finally calmed down at school.  I have never passed out this many medications ever!  The incoming 8th graders are a mess (in more ways than one).  I have to work at the k-1st grade building on Friday.  There is a very sick child who has to be fed with a syringe.  We are a school NOT a hospital, but some classrooms you wouldn't know it.  I truly feel if you are not able to be educated in the least bit - school is not for you.  I am not saying anything against the handicapped - the majority of them can be taught a lot of things!  But, we actually had a child who had no brain - just enough of a brain stem to tell his heart to beat and his lungs to expand!  That child sucked millions from our school district's money.  We HAD to provide everything for him to get him to school and while at school and then home again.  The parents got to keep and demand more equipment from us.............  okay - I am off my soap box.  I know a lot of people are not aware of the dollars that go out of our budget for children who need 24 hour care and during the school day - the school provides it.  

I guess I am still stressed out from my son.  Nothing new to report - other than he did get his GED and received a scholarship for doing so well on it.  We have been back to school for two weeks now and have had about three kids arrested for drugs and violence.  Makes sense doesn't it?  There are violent offenders/drug dealers sitting next to your child at school, but my child gets expelled his senior year because he drove a friend to do a senior prank.  UGH!

Anyhow - I have vented - my brain wont explode and I no longer have a kitchen table (the people who bought it at the yard sale came and got it (darn))..... oh, I have yet to break the news about my son to my parents............... 

No comments: